President Judy Nordstrom called the meeting to order at 2:05 p.m.
Martin Kuhn, Lisa Lehr, Leslie Burket, Alice Martin, Katie Keim, Kate Fleming-Kuhn, John Simpson and Kim Jones were present.
Alice motioned, and Katie seconded, that minutes for May be approved. The vote was unanimous and minutes for May have been approved.
Katie reported that the balance in our checking account is $7,782.80. One CD was cashed to cover expenses for the upcoming Centerline Dressage Show.
Web Master Report
Martin reports that web traffic has been down slightly from the previous report. Four newsletter emails have been distributed to 126 subscribers with a 60% opening rate. International visitors to the site come from Brazil, China, Japan, Italy and Canada with one viewing from Australia.
Lisa reported that we have 384 likes on our FaceBook page. There has been a significant amount of traffic with visitors seeking information about our clinics and shows. This is up from 333.
Kelly reported that we have three new members, bringing our total to 71 members for 2015.
CLD would like to submit two newsletter articles for the Newsletter Awards program offered by USDF. CLD is in the 75 members and under group. We can submit one first person article and one general interest article. Kim has asked that we review the newsletter articles and send her our recommendations.
- Kate reported that the Susanne von Dietze clinic, including the Friday collaboration lessons with Gerhard, was very successful and brought in a profit of $395.85.
- For the collaboration day of lessons, Gerhard had offered to take half of his daily fee. Because the clinic was a success and profitable, Kate motioned that we pay Gerhard his full daily fee. Martin seconded and it passed unanimously.
- We had eleven auditors for the clinic and served 55 lunches. Many thanks to Alice for preparing and managing the lunch. Nice Job!
- We did receive one negative comment about the auditing fee of $35 (included lunch).
- We need to be diligent when advertising CLD sponsored club events so all know about the auditing fee and lunch options.
- Idea for future club-sponsored clinics – a paying auditor can bring two non-club members for no additional auditing fee.
CLD Classic Show
- Number of rides should cover our expenses and fill both days.
- Leslie and Brett will bring the two judges from St. Louis to and from Springfield.
- There was a short discussion about sponsorships for the show.
- Both rings will be set up at 5:30 on Thursday. Thanks to all the volunteers!
- CLD will again host the Friday night dinner, at the fairgrounds, for all riders, grooms, etc. Doors open at 5:30pm for dinner.
Leslie Burket will represent CLD at the 2015 USDF Annual Convention in December. The convention will be at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas.
Jordan reported that we recently had one application for a scholarship. However, due to the tight funds right now, we will not be able to currently award that scholarship. Jordan motioned, and Lisa seconded, to put a freeze on scholarships through 12/31/15. At that time we will review our finances and see if we can reinstate the programs.
Holy Land Foods will cater lunch for the show.
The next meeting will be Saturday, July 11th at 4 pm (after the FireCracker show). Lisa moved, and Kim seconded, to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 3:18 pm.
Leslie Burket, Secretary