The meeting was called to order at 2:15 p.m. by President Judy Nordstrom. Paula Briney, Kelly Griffith, Chrissy Jacobs (arriving at 3:05 pm), Katie Keim and Anastasia, Teresa Litchfield, Alice Martin, John Simpson and Marilyn Weber were present.
Classic Volunteer Coordinator - Judy Nordstrom
Judy is looking for volunteers for ring setup on Thursday, June 21, at 3 p.m. Also needed is another scribe and a steward from 11-1 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. on Saturday, June 23, as well as on Sunday from 11-1. Because we only have one competition ring this year while the Coliseum is being repaired, the competition will run from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. with the judges taking separate lunch breaks. One office volunteer is needed for each morning and afternoon shift on Saturday and on Sunday. Leslie Burket and Brett Fisher have volunteered for the other scribe and steward hours each day. Donna and Kent Jacobs have volunteered to serve as Safety Officers. The vet on call is Dr. Kate Luthin. In a discussion of the Friday night exhibitor’s dinner, furnished by John and Nancy Simpson, Alice volunteered to bring five gallons each of ice tea and lemonade. Paula Briney is furnishing the cookie dessert. Officers will furnish soda 12-packs.
Web Report – Martin Kuhn
- One email newsletters sent out since last report.
- 134 subscribers, down from 135; 1 unsubscribe from a lapsed member
- Next email newsletter will be sent to 137 subscribers
- Average opening rate: ~54% – up noticeably
- Website Traffic (February 24 - April 28)
- Visits up 6.4% year over year
- Page views up nearly 16% year over year
- Unique visitors up nearly 26%
- Visitors coming 50% from search, 40% directly typing address, 7% from social (FaceBook mostly & Twitter)
- Geographic Popularity: 90% US, 7% UK & Canada, 1% Australia
- China, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, & Singapore round out top ten countries
- Facebook followers are up noticeably to 649.
- Twitter followers are up slightly to 47.
Treasurer Report - Katie Keim
Loss for 2018 thus far is ($2,340.45). Bank balance for checking through March: $8744.99 CD balance: $25,765
Newsletter – Alice Martin
The March Reader was published on March 25.
IceBreaker - Teresa Litchfield, Manager
Teresa reported a successful show with 29 horse and rider combinations and 48 rides performed. The $248 profit has not subtracted the cost of ribbons.
Post show compliments were received from Rachel Hill Jordan and Marsha Harshman.
Awards - Teresa Litchfield
Teresa asked the amount of money for Awards be increased. Paula moved that every owner and rider enrolled in the CLD Awards program either perform three volunteer hours for CLD or pay $50. Attendance at three Board meetings would also qualify as volunteer hours. The deadline for volunteer hours, or payment, would be the same as the submission deadline for Awards each year. Teresa seconded. The Board approved unanimously.
Symposium - Kate Fleming-Kuhn
Paula said she would ask Betsey Steiner if she would be willing to do a lecture for CLD when she comes to Pratense Farms in the fall.
The meeting adjourned at 3:50 pm.
Next meeting: Saturday, June 9th, at 2:00 p.m. in the StarWest Lounge.