The meeting was called to order by Judy Nordstrom at 2:06pm. Attending were Alice Martin, Leslie Burket, Kelly Griffith and Teresa Litchfield. Paula Briney called in for a few minutes. Although there are few committee reports this month, there was much to be discussed.
Due to decisions and deadlines, we had an unusual number of electronic discussions.
- On July 23rd, the motion for our 2018 Nominating Committee members was passed. They are: Nominating Chair, Paula Briney, Alice Martin, Marilyn Weber and Judy Nordstrom.
- Via email, Kate Fleming-Kuhn shared with us that she has organized a clinic for CLD Education Days with George Williams on September 22nd & 23rd, for up to 10 rides per day. The day rate will be $1500. Teresa made a motion to proceed and Alice Martin seconded.
- On July 23rd, the motion to hold a CLD sponsored George Williams clinic was passed!
- On August 4th, Alice Martin made a motion, and Teresa Litchfield seconded, to accept the CLD Board minutes for the July 14th meeting. Minutes were approved.
- On August 4th, Paula Briney, chair of the Nominating Committee, presented their recommendations for the slate of nominations for the CLD Board and moved they be accepted: John Simpson, Kate Fleming-Kuhn, Marilyn Weber and Casey Eiten. Alice seconded. Approved.
- George Williams Clinic: The per ride lesson fee will be $185. Non-members will pay $10 per day for auditing with the option to add lunch for $5.00 per day. Paula Briney motioned and Kelly Griffith seconded. Current CLD members, the rider and groom will audit and eat at no charge. Paula has offered to sponsor the main course of each day.
- After reviewing the electronic discussions and decisions, Judy opened with a discussion about finding a location for our 2018 Awards Banquet. The selected date is November 3rd. We will have a Social Hour from 6pm to 7pm, followed by dinner. Awards will then be presented. Paula volunteered to contact Island Bay Yacht Club for availability. Other restaurant options include Springfield Motor Boat Clubhouse, Illini Country Club and Sangamo Club.
- Judy presented the nominating slate for 2019: John Simpson, Marilyn Weber, Kate Fleming-Kuhn and Casey Blum. The ballot is ready to be published in the Newsletter.
- Judy has paid the $10 fee to the State of Illinois for the Not for Profit status to remain active.
- The GMO delegate to represent CLD at the USDF 2019 Annual Convention will be Leslie Burket. She will look into the option to ship the GMO basket contents to the convention hotel in advance of the convention.
- USDF has announced they will be voting, at the USDF Convention, to increase the membership fee each GMO sends to USDF for their membership. Group Member dues have remained unchanged since December 1, 2010. This change will apply only to the individual/primary family member. The dues increase would become effective December 1, 2019 for the 2020 membership year.
- If the vote passes at the Convention, the projected increase will be $4.00 for each individual/primary member and will impact the 2020 CLD membership fee.
George Williams Clinic
All is in place for the clinic. There will be ten riders each day. For each day, Paula has generously donated trays of an assortment of lunch meats, cheeses and breads; Colleen will provide a desert and two different salads and Alice will provide pulled pork. There will be chips and drinks. Thank you to all for your contributions! Sounds like quite a feast.
Our next meeting will be on October 20th, 2018, 2pm in the StarWest Lounge. The meeting was officially adjourned at 3:34pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Leslie Burket