CLD Board Meeting Minutes September 16, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 2:05 p.m. by President Judy Nordstrom. Attendees included Teresa Litchfield, John Simpson, Marilyn Weber, Leslie Burket, Kelly Griffith, Katie Keim with Anastasia, Martin with Malcolm, and Roman was with his Grandmother, Judy.
- Alice moved and Leslie seconded for CLD to donate $300 for the Friday afternoon snack break at the 2017 USDF Convention in Lexington. This motion was approved electronically by the board.
- Minutes from the Sat, July 29th meeting, were compiled, reviewed and posted to WriteBoard on Sunday, July 30th. Marilyn Weber motioned and Alice Martin seconded to accept the minutes. Minutes were approved on August 11, 2017.
A 2018 nomination committee was organized to compile a Nominating Slate that will accommodate the publishing requirement for distribution to the membership. Paula Briney, Judy Nordstrom, Leslie Burket and Katie Keim have all agreed to serve another term and will be on the ballot. Martin will prepare the ballot to be posted for membership by the first of October. Mindy Baumann is willing to work with Kelly to assume the Membership Secretary position.
Katie Keim provided the following:
- Current Bank Balance $11,244.11
- CD Balance: $25,732.69
- Net Income: $4,047.51
- Martin Kuhn reports that 3 newsletters have been sent out since the last report.
- There are currently 137 subscribers.
- There was one hard bounce (Tiffany Wohlers).
- Average newsletter opening rate ranged from 40-48%.
- July-September web traffic is down a bit. June traffic is the highest for the year.
- FaceBook now has 615 likes, up slightly.
- The number of Twitter followers remains unchanged at 28.
- John Simpson is ready to hire judges for the 2019 shows and accepted recommendations.
- Through the years, two of our plaques, ‘Most Improved Rider’ and ‘Jim Kuhn Award’, have been filled with the names of many recipients, and it is now time to get new name plates for the plaques for our future riders.
- The Christmas party was discussed and we are seeking a location. More updates to follow. Our next meeting will be Sunday, October 29, 2017, at 2 p.m. in the StarWest Lounge.
Leslie motioned and Martin seconded for the unanimous 3:06 p.m. adjournment.
Respectfully Submitted, Leslie Burket – CLD Secretary