The meeting was called to order at 2:12 p.m. by President Judy Nordstrom. Attendees included Alice Martin, Teresa Litchfield, Leslie Burket and Martin, Kate and Malcolm Kuhn. Kelly Griffith and Jordan Wilton were phone attendees.
The President asked all officers to update their job descriptions to assist the next person to hold that office. She also announced that our liability insurance has been renewed at a lower price this year.
- Martin motioned and Alice seconded to approve the January 28, 2017 CLD meeting minutes.
- Paula moved and Teresa seconded to approve the February 19, 2017 CLD meeting minutes.
- Both were approved unanimously.
- Going forward, we all need to be more responsive to the electronic requests to have the minutes approved. Judy will first send out an email requesting a motion and a second to approve the minutes. Once she has that information, she will contact Martin who will send out an email with the voting tool for the minutes. That will be the only place for voting. The hope is that we can cut the process from several weeks to several days.
Treasurer Report - Katie Keim Reporting
- Current Bank Balance $6,754.19
- CD Balance $25,708.15
Membership Report - Kelly Griffith Reporting
We are up to 47 members for 2017. With IceBreaker on the horizon, It is anticipated that there will be riders that will sign up for CLD memberships. A reminder will be sent to those that have not yet renewed their current CLD membership.
Webmaster Report - Martin Kuhn Reporting
- Two newsletters have been sent out since the last report.
- There are currently 141 subscribers.
- Average opening rate of email newsletters is holding steady at around 50%.
- Website traffic is up slightly from last month.
Social Media - Jordan Wilton Reporting
- FaceBook has 568 likes.
- Twitter remains steady at 41.
The February newsletter went out in March. Alice is preparing the next newsletter as we meet.
Teresa has ordered the saddle pads, having secured a great deal! We did some brain storming about options for future year end awards. It was suggested that a survey be shared with membership for feedback on year end awards.
- There will be a three day Susanne von Dietze clinic which will be held at StarWest on June 16th, 17th, and 18th, 2017. Lunch and a lecture will be included for all riders and auditors as part of their fee. Alice moved that CLD host the clinic and Kate seconded. It passed unanimously and CLD will sponsor the clinic as an Education event.
- Kate has not yet been able to contact George Williams.
CLD Fund Raiser
As CLD will not be hosting a recognized show this year, it has been suggested that we have a fund raiser to generate some income. A variety of fund raising ideas was put forth but a silent auction with an accompanying dinner appears to be the winner. The date for this dinner and silent auction will be June 17th, during the Susanne von Dietze clinic. Look for details to follow.
CLD Classic Show
- Follow up discussion for the 2018 CLD show included a review of potential venues.
- Judy will contact NEC and see if there are dates available for the show. Also, remaining at the fair grounds, using only one arena, is an option.
- Molly Fine is available to manage the show if there are no date conflicts.
- CLD has been approved to offer the following Championship classes:
- FEI North American Junior and Young Rider Championships (NAJYRC)
- FEI Children Dressage National Championships
- USEF Junior and Young Rider Dressage National Championships
- USEF Pony Rider Dressage National Championships
- USEF Young Adult ‘Brentina Cup’ Dressage National Championships
- USEF Young and Developing Horse Dressage National Championships
Illinois Horse Fair - Paula Briney Reporting
- Thank You Centerline Dressage for your generous sponsorship of the Melanie Michalak musical freestyle demonstration and lecture. The freestyle demonstration was represented by Classical Dressage riders Madison Godart and Susan Rosse while Marilyn Weber and Keri Simpson represented Western Dressage. They showed the progression of dressage using music. Both the lecture and demonstration were well attended.
- Overall horse fair was well run and attended despite the issues with the coliseum and closure of the outside covered arena.
- Ken Levy, Region 2 Director, sent a reminder throughout Region 2 that there are sponsorship opportunities available for the 2017 USDF Convention in Lexington, KY. CLD would like to make a contribution but the amount has been tabled until our next meeting. He requested all contributions be submitted by April 22nd.
Our next meeting will be April 8, 2017, at 2 p.m. in the StarWest Lounge.
Alice motioned and Teresa seconded for the unanimous 3:41 p.m. adjournment.
Leslie Burket – CLD Secretary