CLD Board Meeting Minutes February 19, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 2:03 p.m. by President Judy Nordstrom. Attendees included Kelly Griffith, Katie and Anastasia Keim, Teresa Litchfield, Alice Martin, John Simpson and Marilyn Weber.
Without a quorum, Minutes and the Treasurer’s report were unable to be voted upon. The President asked all officers to update their job descriptions to assist the next person to hold that office. It was suggested to begin the duties of each office with appropriate details from the By-Laws pertaining to duties and a time line for what is to be performed when in that office.
Treasurer Report • Katie Keim Reporting
- Current Bank Balance $7,167.19
- 2017 net loss ($56.49)
- CD Balance $25,705.61
Membership Report • Kelly Griffith Reporting
- We have 45 members for 2017.
Reader Newsletter • Alice Martin Reporting
- All items are ready to go to press except the January 28th Minutes.
The 2017 Classic is cancelled. There was a long discussion about holding the 2018 Classic at the National Equestrian Center in Lake St. Louis, MO. Without a manager for the show, the decision to move there was tabled.
Teresa agreed to receive entries and manage both shows. As she wants to show her horse as well, Jordan Wilton has offered to help day manage IceBreaker and John has offered to help day manage FireCracker.
- Marilyn Weber and Paula Briney will be representing CLD at the Illinois Horse Fair in Instructor Melanie Michalak’s Freestyle Clinic. CLD is sponsoring the hour on March 3 & 4 at the Illinois State Fairgrounds.
- A long discussion followed on fund raising ideas for 2017. A raffle and/or silent auction with an accompanying dinner appears to be the consensus. All members need to think about donations of items to the auction, both personal and from businesses you patronize.
Our next meeting will be March 25, 2017, at 2 p.m. in the StarWest Lounge.
Alice motioned, everyone seconded for the unanimous 3:18 p.m. adjournment.
Respectfully Submitted, Alice Martin, Recording Secretary