The meeting was called to order at The meeting was called to order at 2:18 p.m. by President Judy Nordstrom. Attendees included John Simpson, Marilyn Weber, Leslie Burket, Katie Keim with Anastasia, Alice Martin, Paula Briney, and Kate Fleming-Kuhn.
- Up for re-election is Katie Keim, Paula Briney, Judy Nordstrom and Leslie Burket. Kelly Griffith has resigned as the Membership Secretary, although she is willing to help the newly elected chair until she is up to speed. The nomination committee has prepared a slate of directors that will be shared with the membership in the next newsletter. The slate consists of: Judy Nordstrom, Paula Briney, Leslie Burket and Katie Keim. Members have until midnight on October 31st to vote.
- Minutes from the Sept. 16th meeting were compiled, reviewed and posted to WriteBoard on Sunday, September 17th. Martin Kuhn motioned and Marilyn Weber seconded to accept the minutes. Minutes were approved on September 24th, 2017.
- Alice Martin motioned and Kelly Griffith seconded the following motion: $35 per ticket will be charged to each individual with Centerline Dressage (CLD) picking up the additional $1 expense as well as the $100 expense for the room charge. Children’s pricing, 12 and under, will be $18 per ticket. Voting results have a total of 5 approved, 1 disapproved and 1 abstained. Three opted to not vote. As the motion carries, we will charge $35 per meal. CLD will pick up $1 per meal plus the $100 room fee. Children under 12 will be charged $18.
- 2017 Annual Reports from all officers and committee chairs are due to Martin by October 31st so he can prepare for the Annual Awards Meeting on November 4th, 2017.
- Please secure and bring all items for the USDF GMO Convention basket to the Annual Awards Dinner on November 4th. We welcome a creative collection of local items to show off CLD and Illinois.
- Membership dues were discussed in light of USDF raising various member fees. After a lively discussion, the consensus was to leave membership dues as they are.
Katie Keim provided the following:
- Current Bank Balance $11,484.11
- CD Balance: $25,733.88
- Net Income: $4,083.70
- Martin Kuhn reports that 2 email newsletters have been sent out since the last report.
- There are currently 135 subscribers.
- Average newsletter opening rate ranged from 40-43%.
- Web traffic for October is up slightly.
- FaceBook now has 613 likes.
- The number of Twitter followers is up to 46.
After the membership voting is finalized on the slate for the ‘new’ Board of Directors, the board, as a whole (including new members), will then vote to select officers that will represent CLD as the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Secretary for the coming term.
John Simpson provided an update on the enclosed, covered arena at the fairgrounds. Pipe railings w/kick boards as well as ‘triangular’ corner kick boards have been added, impacting the shape and size of the corners. We will need to confirm it will still work for our dressage shows. Also, while waiting for the judge’s whistle, riders will be inside the arena as there is not sufficient room to ride around the outside perimeter.
Alice Martin will prepare certificates for the Most Improved Riders for the Annual Awards Meeting.
Paula Briney provided an update on the Coliseum. A bid has not been received to provide a cost estimate to repair the Coliseum. There is no date as to when construction may begin. She also shared some information about the various ways one can contribute to support either the Fair Grounds or the Coliseum repairs. See Paula if you are interested in making a contribution.
- Horse Fair will be March 2 – 4, 2018 this year. Further details to follow. Paula also suggested that we need to do something to encourage the youth riders, pony clubbers and others in the area to want to participate in our dressage schooling shows. A fun show for the youth was tops on the list. Also recommended are ‘contests’ for best socks, most blinged-out saddle pad and/or helmets, boots, pants, jackets or a photography contest. We can pick and choose for different shows.
Our next meeting will be Sunday, January 14th, 2017, at 2 p.m. in the StarWest Lounge.
Marilyn motioned and Paula seconded for the unanimous 3:34 p.m. adjournment.
Respectfully Submitted, Leslie Burket – CLD Secretary