The meeting was called to order at 2:08 pm by President Judy Nordstrom. Attendees include Teresa Litchfield, Katie Keim, Kate Fleming-Kuhn, John Simpson, Alice Martin, Leslie Burket, Jordan Wilton, Martin Kuhn and Malcolm Kuhn. Paula Briney and Marilyn Weber joined us later.
- June Minutes: Kate moved and Martin seconded to approve the June minutes electronically on 6/30/16.
- Lilo Fore Clinic: Due to the unusually high temperatures and bright sun forecasted for Lilo Fore clinic on June 27th and 28th, Paula Briney proposed to move the clinic to the covered arena at the Illinois State Fairgrounds. The arena is available for $350 per day and stabling will be $27.50 in Barn 14, which Paula recommended the club subsidize. This was presented to the board. The electronic vote was 7-2 in favor of not moving the clinic.
- The Board voted electronically, on 7/31/16, to hire Fredbird to attend the Welcoming Party at the USDF Convention in St. Louis. The date will be December 1st and the fee is $350. The application is being prepared.
- The Secretary of State filing fee has been submitted.
- The USDF Competition License has been submitted.
- We have received approval to host the Young Rider, as well as the Young Horse, classes at CLD Classic shows in 2017.
- The date for the 2017 Classic Shows was incorrect, and has since been corrected, in the 2016 Omnibus.
- Judy reminded us that it is time to start thinking about a slate of officers for the next term.
- There was club concern that the schooling show judges were not being adequately compensated for their time. The compensation for the show in question had been agreed upon before signing the contract and included monetary compensation as well as two ‘free’ stalls at the Classic Shows. This was a win/win for the judge and CLD. When appropriate, we may us this option in the future.
- USDF Convention
- The Ruth Arvanette Grant is available to a group member to attend the annual convention by providing funds to help cover the costs of attending. The application must be submitted to USDF no later than 8/31/16.
- We will not be providing any goodies to go into the USDF goodie bag for attendees.
- Paperwork has been submitted for Leslie Burket to attend the USDF Convention as the GMO Delegate for CLD.
- USDF is encouraging all GMOs to submit nominations for the following awards:
- Newsletter Awards: designed to recognize outstanding efforts by GMOs who produce newsletters.
- GMO Website Awards: designed to recognize GMOs that create and maintain web sites.
- Regional GMO Volunteer of the Year: designed to recognize volunteer efforts on the local level.
- USDF Volunteer of the Year: recognizes a USDF member who has demonstrated exceptional commitment towards carrying out USDF’s mission.
- Youth Volunteer of the Year: designed to recognize one outstanding youth volunteer who demonstrates a commitment to USDF’s mission through exceptional volunteer effort and commitment.
- Current Bank Balance $13,249.82
- CD balance is $25,680.82
- Lilo Fore Clinic Net Income: $132.17
- IceBreaker Net Income: $413.25
- FireCracker Net Income: $714.50
- Classic Net Income: $5,797.51
- Total Net Income: $6,520.07
Our membership remains steady at 83 members.
- Martin reported that 2 email newsletters have been sent out since the last meeting. There were 136 subscribers, down one from the previous mailing.
- Average opening rate was right around 50% which is down about 10%.
- Click rate continues to hover between 30 and 35%, a slight increase.
- Traffic on the website is still down from June’s spike and on par with April/May traffic.
- CLD Facebook has 541 likes, up marginally. People like pictures and ride times. Twitter followers are down one to 38.
The newsletter is currently being compiled.
CLD Classic I & II
John reports that all TD reports from Classic were favorable. Judges for 2017 are Melissa Creswick and Dolly Hannon. The show committee will select the judges for 2018.
- During a lively discussion as to selecting our new embroiderer for our year end awards, Paula recommended Besco Awards, located in Antioch, IL. They have been doing her embroidery work for years and, as they already have our artwork, there will be no additional setup charges. We will ask Besco to bid for our next awards order.
- Year-End Awards – Don’t forget to submit your scores for Year End Awards at centerlinedressagescores.com by October 15.
- Kate has nothing to report at this time.
- Paula presented an opportunity for our grass roots riders. She offered to host a freestyle clinic with Melanie Michalak on October 29th and 30th. Melanie has agreed to 8 to 10 riders per day and her fee will be $600 per day plus mileage and food. The clinic will be available to CLD members only and the target audience will be riders that rarely attend clinics. CLD will subsidize $40/ride and preference will be to the lower level riders. Alice moved and Teresa seconded to move forward with this clinic. The vote was unanimous to support this effort. At the next meeting we will discuss the option for a potluck dinner and/or a lecture on Saturday night.
Our next meeting will be in the StarWest Lounge at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 18, 2016.
Leslie Burket, CLD Secretary